A Very Moorish Conversation With Julie Waddell – The Grocery Insider Podcast
In this week’s episode of The Grocery Insider podcast, in association with HRA Global, we speak to Julie Waddell, founder of Moorish Humous and Dips. You can listen to the full episode of A Very Moorish Conversation With Julie Waddell on the Grocery Insider, via Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
0 – 11:40 Minutes – Introduction to Julie
- Julie talks to Hamish about how she started in food broadcast journalism.
- Julie then found her passion in culinary creativity to start making humous.
- Hamish and Julie discuss the name ‘Moorish’
12 – 14:45 Minutes: The FMCG Supply Chain
- How does Julie manage her supply chain in the good and bad times?
- Julie discusses how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting Moorish.
14:50 – 21 Minutes: Buyer Relationships
- Do you think there will be a different relationship with buyers (both retail and foodservice) when the crisis settles?
- How a crisis can remove the surplus.
- Julie talks about whether we will see more brands emerge from the crisis.
- Julie and Hamish discuss the rise in cooking skills during the lockdown and whether this will increase a need in new and different ingredients.
21:00 – 27:00 Minutes: Aspiration
- What would advise would you give to the aspiring brand owner?
- What food and drink brands do you admire?
- What new areas are you interested in next?
27:00 Minutes: Food Service
- Is foodservice an area that Moorish is interested in?
If you would like to feature on the podcast or have any questions, get in touch [email protected]
We would love to hear your feedback so please leave us a review and a star rating.
You might be interested in…