Putting The Wheels Of Organic Nutrition In Motion – The Grocery Insider Podcast
In this week’s episode of The Grocery Insider, in association with HRA Global, we speak to Joe Welstead, CEO and founder of Motion Nutrition.
You can listen to the full episode of Setting the Wheels of Organic Supplements in Motion with Joe Welstead via the Grocery Insider, via Apple Podcasts or Spotify. We would love to hear your feedback so please leave us a review and a star rating!
For more insights, consultancy, FMCG marketing and food market research solutions, browse our website.
00:00 – 08:48 minutes: Introduction to Joe Welstead
- An insight into Joe’s former life as a professional swimmer for Scotland and forage into sports management following his retirement after the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
- Joe describes his struggle to find performance enhancing supplements that were also beneficial to his long-term health.
- How this gap in the market sparked the inception of Motion Nutrition.
08:49 – 13:31: Bringing Nutritional Supplements to the Wider Market
- Joe discusses how the supplement market has expanded beyond performance enhancements for athletes.
- How organic supplements can benefit the consumer day-to-day.
13:32 – 15:29: Sleep Hygiene
- How Motion Nutrition can benefit sleep.
- Joe’s adversity to supplements being used as a sole tool to enhance sleep and how he encourages a healthy lifestyle as a foundation for supplements to work optimally.
15:30 – 27:14: The Evolution of Consumer
- Joe discusses the importance of improving the daily well-being of consumers, relieving stress and aiding a good night’s sleep when conceptualising new products.
- How the Motion Nutrition customer has inadvertently evolved into a female-dominated audience through it’s accessible branding and marketing.
- Benefits of retail partnerships for consumer convenience and product exposure.
27:15 – 29:14: Influencer Culture
- Are influencer partnerships still relevant and effective in advertising brands?
29:15 – 33:26: Joe’s Favourites
- Joe shares his favourite well-being brands including Heckles and Bare Biology.
33:27 – 40:39: Nutrition News and Quick Thoughts
- Hamish asks Joe his quick thoughts on emerging nutrition trends and products including;
- Continuous glucose monitors
- Ketones and the Keto Diet
- Red-light therapy for better sleep
- SARMs and peptides
40:40 – Future of Motion Nutrition
- Joe discusses new product launches to keep an eye out for including his interest in balancing hormones as mood stabilisers and sustainable all-day energy supplements.
If you would like to feature on the podcast or have any questions, get in touch by sending an email to [email protected]yinsider.com or find our wider contact details.